Found older cbob at gun store - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 06-18-2017, 08:39 AM

Found older cbob at gun store

Found a older CZ dan wesson classic at local gun store it looks like the first patriot bob tail PT-C 45 acp but it says Classic on slide anyone have info on it? It also has the black barrel bushing same as patriots and same ed brown grip safety with i think 20 line per inch on frame.
Pretty rough shape looks like never cleaned or oiled felt sorry for it and but a deposit on it. Cost $800 buxs on condition what to examine it after its cleaned will post some pics in a few days it will need reblasted and brushed easy fix. Any thing that i should be worried about? And is it worth putting about 200 dollars into it? Does not have the box and only has one mag. Barrel has dan wesson logo etched on it also. Thinking it was one of the first classics made. Serial number begins with CZ. Made in Norwich

Last edited by Hams; 06-18-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:07 AM

It has the normal internal extractor, correct?

Dw will sell you one of their newer boxes, if that's a big worry.

You might search, I think there was an older post about SNs, ranges away, to narrow down the year built.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2017, 09:32 AM

C bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWowner View Post
It has the normal internal extractor, correct?

Dw will sell you one of their newer boxes, if that's a big worry.

You might search, I think there was an older post about SNs, ranges away, to narrow down the year built.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Yes internal extractor will see if i can locate post.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:20 AM

Pt-c= Pointman Classic.

Clean it up and shoot the snot out of it.

What are you spending an extra 200 bucks on?

Bob
Old 06-18-2017, 01:33 PM

Sounds like it is potentially a 2005-09 model. The frame is most likely cast--which wouldn't be a deal breaker for me on a quality 1911 for $800. It's interesting to think, however, that the price you paid is probably about what it cost new. Clean it up, lube the rails well, and happy shootin'! And pics when you get it, please. Let's see that 20LPI frontstrap checkering in all its glory!
"I did, after all, have weapons. And I liked to shoot them -- especially at night, when the great blue flame would leap out, along with all that noise ... and, yes, the bullets, too. We couldn't ignore that. Big balls of lead/alloy flying around the valley at speeds up to 3700 feet per second...." -Hunter S. Thompson
Old 06-18-2017, 02:36 PM

Pt-c

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbert0005 View Post
Pt-c= Pointman Classic.

Clean it up and shoot the snot out of it.

What are you spending an extra 200 bucks on?

Bob
Here is a pic of a patriot classic this was before a pointman.
200 bucks would be 200 grit sand sand paper new springs and maybe sending sights back to trijicon to have new inserts replaced not sure if they still glow.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0067.JPG  

Last edited by Hams; 06-18-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:43 PM

C bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco Rivera View Post
Sounds like it is potentially a 2005-09 model. The frame is most likely cast--which wouldn't be a deal breaker for me on a quality 1911 for $800. It's interesting to think, however, that the price you paid is probably about what it cost new. Clean it up, lube the rails well, and happy shootin'! And pics when you get it, please. Let's see that 20LPI frontstrap checkering in all its glory!
Maybe if we hang on to our dans for 10-15 years we will be able to sell them for what we paid for them or more, or maybe certain models will become collectibles and worth a new motor home lmao. I'm just content on picking up a gem in the rough and bring it back to life again. Have a few old colts that are worth 30-50 times what they cost new.

Last edited by Hams; 06-18-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:08 PM

Beautiful Gun. Keep us posted.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:49 AM

Patriots came after the Pointman. Besides Patriots have an external extractor, and would have the Patriot logo on them.

Bob