1911Forum banner

looking for a good bulk source for .223 bullets

20K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  RustyFN 
#1 ·
i turn to my fellow forum brothers for a good source for .223 bullets. i have good sources for handgun bullets but need some direction for rifle. thanks guys i appreciate your help. :confused:

#3 ·
Plain old dumb 55 fmj w/cannelure? You can get a good deal from TJ Conavera.
And usually Grafs, Powder Valley, Wideners, etc.

Or maybe Gunbroker once in a while.
Except the ones made of pure gold,
at least I assume they are solid gold
given their ridiculous starting bids.

Or what other kind of bullets do you want?
I get bulk Nosler from a different place than Sierra MatchKing in bulk.
And I get bulk varmint HP and SP from completely different vendors.

#13 ·
Before we freak out about magnetic bullets,
they aren't that common unless you specifically shop for milsurp,
and 62 grain are the most common. Not 55 grain.

The reason we watch out for magnetic bullets is that most have magnetic plutonium cores and depleted uranium jackets, and then copper washed to look like ordinary fmj. The uranium vaporizes upon contact, providing a cushion of hot plasma so the plutonium core can penetrate clean through an armored tank and its occupants, then continue to take out the entire Kremlin and most major eastern European cities before heading to China to wipe out its communist leadership, leaving the starving millions on their own, then the bullets quietly return to your side and sit down panting, waiting for their next chance to run.

#15 ·
Varmint xtremes from midsouth

hornady 55gr fmjbt or sp from anywhere

dogtowns from midway are supposed to be pretty good, but no cannalure and for the price of them I'll take the hornady's thankyouverymuch

The un-named ones from wideners are prvi and I've been disappointed with them, I'll stick with the hornady's or midsouth bullets

#16 ·
Bulk 55 gr FMJ's at a decent price in any quantity are pretty much gone. If you can find some you had better grab them.

We have 350,000 on backorder presently.

Election-year buying has created another shortage in .223 components.

#21 ·
sorry guys, my mistake for not giving enough info. i am looking for FMJBT. in 55 grain. this is for target shooting. from what i can see from your recomendations is that i would be better off going to Montana Gold for them. natchez has them for a good price but for me to get them from Natchez it would cost me $112.25 for a thousand and from Montana Gold it costs me $280.00 for 3500. thanks for the help guys i appreciate it but i am going to go with Montana Gold for the better buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.